Sunday, November 13, 2011

Details


I'm a traveler and a writer and have managed to combine both passions into one satisfying career.

I'm co-owner and publisher (with Sandra Foyt) of GetawayMavens.com, "Bringing you the best offbeat escapes in the Northeast." We are the Boomer mini-vacation travel experts covering mostly Virginia to Maine with more far-flung locales tossed in.

I blog for the Huffington Post and write travel features for Newsday, Westchester Magazine, Westchester Weddings, BoatingLocal.com (formerly Offshore/Northeast Boating Magazine). My articles have appeared in National Geographic Traveler, Ladies Home Journal, Sierra Magazine, Porthole, Paddler and dozens of other publications. My specialty is Northeastern US, though I've covered locations around the world.

I hate flying but love driving.  Give me a 4,000 mile road trip, and I'm there.


I wrote the consummate Route 6 Guidebook, and you can purchase it HERE or through Amazon or Kindle.



I actually did take a 4,000 mile road trip by myself across the USA on US Route 6 and blogged daily in THIS BLOG; STAYONROUTE6.BLOGSPOT.COM.



Route 6 - at 3,652 miles is over 1,000 miles longer than the more well-known Route 66, has been largely ignored and thus deserves its own guidebook, and mine is the only one in existence. 


You can reach me at; Gapcohen@aol.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment